Java / Rails / DevOps Openings
We’re not developing simplistic apps… And you would be ~Dev # 8 on our team.
Intelliquip develops web apps for engineering procurement contractors (specifiers) and manufacturers of complex, engineered-to-order, fluid handling equipment (e.g., pumps, compressors) to select, quote, and process orders for their products.
Work with our fun team — that includes one of the co-authors of the Agile Manifesto — to help chart the course for a brave new world of new applications to meet our growing demand for modern, clean, awesome UX.
We are just beginning to build out some new simplified web apps with Rails, to help satisfy existing customers and to grow our business to new users. We have a legacy Java web app that will be leveraged for much of the hard-core pump hydraulics techno magic. That will allow us to more fully concentrate on building a responsive web app (using Zurb Foundation) to expand our offerings. So if you know your way around good Restful API design and helping Java devs architect their way to some greater design, that’s a plus! Oh, MongoDB is also being used.
We are looking for awesome software engineers with:
- A passion for being a professional software craftsman
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to adapt to a wide variety of challenges
- The ability to generate high-quality, well-architected solutions
- The knack for staying on the leading edge of modern web app development techniques
- Outgoing personality, able to work in a team environment and have fun debating architecture and alternative designs (but not ad infinitum :-))
- A nut about test-driven development and behavior-driven development (or willing to be guided)
Skills & Requirements
- Help build out new products using Ruby, Rails, HTML5, JS, etc.
- Redesign and enhance existing complex Java applications to address new requirements or code maintenance / refactoring / bugs (the usual)
- Perform thorough testing of all code changes via BDD/TDD
- Provide assistance, direction and mentoring to junior developers as appropriate
- Ruby/Rails/MongoDB stack
- Behavior- and Test-Driven Development
- Responsive web design, Zurb Foundation
- Heroku, et al
Though we anticipate the successful applicant to have a few years of successively growing experience, we are not averse to the “wunderkind” with a great aptitude and attitude!
We prefer someone to be close enough to meet with/work in our slick new office in an awesome location. But, given a stellar, proven, kick-ass remote talent, we might be able to work something out.
We will even consider extreme talent in the form of a shorter gig/contracting. If you’re really good.
See our company profile page: https://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/intelliquip
Suffice to say, walking distance to Fegley’s Brew Works is not a bad thing. And the Annual Music Fest is where we head for lunches and music during the August timeframe.
Drop us a line: resumes at intelliquip.com