We need a senior Rails dev to help mentor the team and become a leader.
We’re not developing simplistic apps…
Intelliquip develops web apps for engineering procurement contractors (specifiers) and manufacturers of complex, engineered-to-order, fluid handling equipment (e.g., pumps, compressors) to select, configure, price, and quote, and process orders for their products.
We have new web apps (Rails-based) that provide a collaborative workspace for customers to work across the value chain creating projects that have pump and other equipment types. And you would be part of our ~12-person dev team.
Our fun team includes Jon Kern, one of the co-authors of the Agile Manifesto. Come to beautiful Bethlehem, PA, in the Lehigh Valley, and help chart the course for a brave new world of new applications to meet our growing demand for modern, clean, awesome UX.
We are looking for awesome software engineers with:
- A passion for being a professional software craftsman
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to adapt to a wide variety of challenges
- The ability to generate high-quality, well-architected solutions
- Someone who understands domain modeling, and object-oriented principles
- The knack for staying on the leading edge of modern web app development techniques
- Outgoing and confident personality,
- able to work in a team environment
- knows clean code techniques
- happy to pair and do pull request reviews (short-lived feature branches)
- willing to have fun debating architecture and alternative designs (but not ad infinitum :-))
- A nut about test-driven development and behavior-driven development (or willing to be guided)
Skills & Requirements
- Help build out new products using Ruby, Rails, HTML5, JS, etc.
- MongoDB is also being used
- Perform thorough testing of all code changes via BDD/TDD
- Provide assistance, direction and mentoring to junior developers
- Ruby/Rails/MongoDB stack
- Behavior- and Test-Driven Development (cucumber, rspec)
- Responsive web design; e.g., Zurb Foundation
We prefer someone to be close enough to meet with/work in our slick new office in beautiful Bethlehem, PA.
See our company profile page: https://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/intelliquip
Suffice to say, walking distance to Fegley’s Brew Works is not a bad thing. The Annual Music Fest is where we head for lunches and music during the August timeframe. In December, Bethlehem is understandably known as “Christmas City.” Seeing buildings from the 1600s and 1700s all decorated with lights, and hearing the carriage rides as they clip-clop along outside our office, is very cool (especially if you like historical buildings).
Drop us a line: resumes at intelliquip.com