Jon Kern is a developer, software architect, and team leader/coach that keeps the people and the business in sharp focus. Aerospace engineer-turned software expert, co-author of Agile Manifesto for Software Development and Java Design. Jon helps teams develop mission-critical software. His big-picture instincts are critical factors in producing solutions with significant impact to business value, quality, budget, and schedule. Jon engages with the client and the team and mentors them on agile and distributed development processes, technical practices, & tools. But more importantly, Jon leaves behind a team that is much more valuable to the company.
- Aerospace Engineer by training
- Software Architect
- Generalizing Specialist
- Co-author Agile Manifesto & Java Design
- ENTP 🙂
- Digital Transformation at Adaptavist.com
- Strategic Projects, Intelliquip.com (2013 – 2019)
- Freelance Consulting
- VP Engineering at Axial Exchange, a healthcare sart-up (1y 9m)
- Model-Driven Evangelist for Compuware’s OptimalJ (3 yrs)
- Architect, Developer at Fireplanning Associates with my firefighting buddies
- One of the initial VPs, Mentor, Product Visionary at TogetherSoft (3 yrs)
- President/co-founder at Lightship, Inc. (5 yrs active)
- Flight simulation, etc., Aero Systems Program Manager at Veda (a DoD contractor) (9.5 years)
- Jet Engine R&D, Engineer, at Naval Air Propulsion Center (4.5 years)
You can find more at my LinkedIn profile.
ps: The mountain range banner is from my (successful) ascent of the Matterhorn in August 2009. I snapped the shot at 7:12am as we climbed above the clouds and the sun had risen. It was exhilirating!